Frequently Asked Questions
If none of these questions answer your issue, feel free to contact us from the feedback section of the app.
How can I import a GPX or KML file?
So you've got a (GPX or KML) route that you got from a friend, a cycling club, etc, that you want to ride. No problem!
CycleMaps will allow you to import the file, and will even find you a path from your current location to the start of
your ride! You have a couple of options to import the file.
- If you receive it in an email on your iOS device, tap and hold the file icon.
- If you're looking at the file in Safari, select "Open with CycleMaps".
If the option is not there, you can download the file and email it to yourself.
- Then tap on the CycleMaps icon and the route will load.
- If you want to store the route, make it a favourite!
- When you're ready, tap ride this to find a path to the start of the route and begin tracking your stats.
Or just start cycling if you're there already.
- If you're riding a long route and you need to conserve battery, press on the satellite
icon to allow CycleMaps to track you even when the screen is off.
What do the satellite icons mean?
If you're riding a long route and want CycleMaps to track you, you can use the satellite icon in the top right.
If backround tracking is enabled
, CycleMaps will keep tracking you and your
stats even when you turn the screen off to
conserve battery. You can then turn it on when you want to see more information. Tap the icon again to disable background tracking.
I can't create an account / I'm having issues logging in.
Thank you for choosing to create an account. This will allow you to share your favourite routes with all your devices.
If you have issues logging in:
- Make sure you're using the same email address to log in as the one you created an account with.
- If you created an account but have not received the verification email, please check your SPAM folder just in
case. Our emails are sent from donotreply @ cyclema dot ps
- If you still can't log in, you can always reset your password.
- If none of this helps, feel free to contact us from the Feedback section of the app.